We shall start with the Garden Eggs because  it’s a breakfast food and  it feeds 8 normally hungry people (or 5 very hungry ones).
You will need:
- at least 8 eggs (I used 9)
- a small container of ricotta cheese ( I believe it’s 10 or 12 oz.)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper (I used more… because I love pepper.)
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed (If you put it in the fridge overnight it will ALMOST be thawed by morning. Easier — defrost in the microwave.)
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes (I used three Roma tomatoes)
- 8 oz. of shredded mozzarella
- a small bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup of salami, diced (pepperoni would be good too)
Chop veggies and crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients. Mix all together until evenly distributed. Spread the mixture into a greased 13×9 inch pan.
The recipe I followed said to bake it for 35 minutes at 325, but it was not cooked all the way through. I say set the oven at 350 and check it after 35 minutes. If the eggs look set, you’re probably baked through. To double check, insert a toothpick into the middle, if it comes out clean, remove the eggs from the oven. Allow them to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
And there you have it, eggs for 8 (or 5 very hungry people).
Now for the Baconbuttercheese Potatoes.
You will need:
- 3 lbs. of potatoes (It says peeled and diced, but if you have potatoes with a thin skin, save yourself and leave the skin on.)
- 16 oz. sour cream (Use low fat to save yourself as much guilt as possible.)
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted (This is why you should use the low fat sour cream… a stick of butter.)
- 8 oz. of shredded sharp cheddar
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used 8. We like bacon and I used low fat sour cream.)
- Optionally, you can have extra cheddar cheese for serving.
Dice potatoes and boil until mashable. Drain the water and add potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Also add sour cream, melted butter, cheese and bacon. Pour evenly into a greased 13×9 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Feeds 8 people (or 5 very hungry people).