The highlight of my night:
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 [14.5 oz?] can tomato sauce
- flour tortillas (to use as “lasagna noodles” basically)
- 16 oz. fat free sour cream
- bag of shredded 2% sharp cheddar
What you need to do is:
- Fry the ground turkey in a large skillet. Add the tomatoes and chopped onion. Cook for a few minutes and add the chili powder, cumin, oregano and tomatoes/green chilies. Cook for a few minutes more and add the tomato sauce. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Ladle some sauce into the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan. Layer flour tortillas on top of that. Spread sour cream over tortillas and layer more sauce on top of that. Add another layer of tortillas and repeat the whole process until you are out of sauce. (My layers went like this, from bottom to top: sauce, tortillas, half of sour cream, sauce, tortillas, other half of sour cream, and last bit of sauce.
- Spread a layer of cheese over top. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- Enjoy! I served a portion of the casserole on top of a bed of shredded lettuce. That way I could pretend it was healthy. : )