The recipe is, again, Martha Stewart. I promise to make something that isn’t hers soon!
You’ll need 1 hour and 10 minutes (specifically, 20 minutes to put it together and 45-50 minutes to bake — plus a few minutes to cool) and these ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate)
- 6 large egg yolks
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
And this is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees; with rack in center. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Place butter and chocolate in a large bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted; cool slightly. Whisk in yolks.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff and glossy. Whisk 1/4 of whites into chocolate mixture; gently fold mixture into remaining whites.
- Pour into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until cake pulls away from sides of pan and is just set in center, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve dusted with confectioners’ sugar.
This is all cut and pasted from here.
Now, I had my egg whites all fluffed up in a tiny bowl… so I simply added the whites to the chocolate mixture a bit at a time, mixing/folding in slowly and carefully until it was all incorporated evenly.