Here’s the original recipe. I made a few tiny changes.
First off, we (my mom and I) made some bacon. You can fry it up or microwave it. Either way, it was a nice thing to have.
Other things we needed (it stuffed us, a group of 3):
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 diced orange bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar
- fresh salsa (we cheated and bought it at the store)
- 1 diced avocado
- 6 warmed according to package instructions whole-wheat flour tortillas (6-inch)
What we did:
- Pour the 4 teaspoons of oil into a skillet and cook orange peppers and onions until softened. Add the corn kernels and cumin; cook a minute or two longer. Empty the skillet onto a large plate and keep warm.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix with a bit of salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the now empty skillet. Cook eggs while stirring occasionally. When eggs are cooked and set, add the peppers, onion, and corn mixture with the cheese. Mix until cheese is melted and serve with avocado and salsa.
If you want to make a burrito, use one of the tortilla wraps.