Adapted from Ellie Kreiger’s Three Bean and Beef Chili.
It takes about 1 hour 20 minutes to make. It’s REALLY easy though, so get it simmering and then watch a TV show. Then stir in the bean and watch another TV show… or read… whatever.
Of course I didn’t take a freakin’ photo again, so I googled “chili with corn” and found something that looks JUST LIKE IT!
My version didn’t have QUITE as much corn, but yeah… I’m sorry guys. I’m such a failure sometimes.
What you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3-4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb turkey burger (if you want to make this meatless, substitute a can of cannellini/white beans)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz beer + 1/4 cup water
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 – 3 tbsp adobo sauce from can of chipotles
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can of pinto bean, drained and rinsed
What you’ll do:
- Heat oil in a large pot over moderate heat and add the onions, peppers and corn. Cover and cook, stirring occassionally, until veggies are soft (about 10 minutes). Add the cumin and cook while stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the ground turkey, turn heat up to high and cook until meat is no longer pink… breaking up the meat as you go. (If you’re making this meatless, skip this step.)
- Stir in the tomatoes, beer + water, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook, semi-covered, for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in the beans and continue cooking, semi-covered, for another 20 minutes. Serve!