Or maybe they should be “cinnamon sugar maple oatmeal cookies”… but that name is so long.
So, these are the yummies I made for dessert tonight. I didn’t want to buy anything because I’m sick of buying ingredients for cookies. This used what I had on hand.
I based what I did on the Oatmeal Crispies on the Pioneer Woman website.
What I needed:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oat
What I did:
- Cream shortening and sugars until well combined. Then add the eggs, vanilla, maple flavoring and cinnamon and mix for a few moments.
- Slowly add the flour, salt, baking soda and oats until mix until well combined.
- Scoop tablespoon sized hunks of dough onto a baking sheet (either lined with parchment paper OR oiled) and flatten them out a little with your fingers. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
I think I got approximately 42 cookies, if my fuzzy math is anywhere close to accurate. There were a LOT of cookies. 12+12+12+6 = 42, right?
Anyway, these were pretty awesome. I had at least 4 tonight. (Don’t tell! I won’t eat more than one tomorrow… I swear!)
Really really yummy. :)