What you’ll need:
- 3 pieces chicken breast (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- ½ pounds bowtie pasta (or other pasta)
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup (Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 2 cups light (or fat free) sour Cream
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 cups crackers (Ritz), crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons oil (Smart Balance or something light in flavor)
What you’ll do:
1 – Boil chicken breasts (in water) for 30 minutes (or until cooked through). Remove chicken with tongs.
2- To boiling water/broth, add the 1/2 lbs of pasta and cook according to the directions on the pasta packaging. Shred chicken while the pasta is cooking. (Be careful, the chicken is hot.) Drain pasta.
3 – Mix the cream of chicken soup and sour cream in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces and pasta to the bowl and mix. Once everything is coated evenly, pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
4- Top the chicken & pasta mixture with shredded cheese.
5 – In a separate bowl, melt 3 tbsp. butter and 2 tbsp oil in the microwave (30 seconds or so). Add the cracker crumbs and mix to coat.
6 – Sprinkle cracker crumbs over top of the casserole and pop into the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serve (with salt and pepper, so everyone can season to their perfect levels).