What I used: (makes about 6-10 servings, I guess)
- Olive oil
- 4 carrots
- 4 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 2 pinches dried parsley
- a bag of frozen corn
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14 oz cans of veggie broth
- 1 14 oz can of water
- 1 cup cooked pasta
What I did:
- Chop clean, peeled carrots. Chop garlic. Dump into a pot with oil over medium heat. Stir.
- Chop celery and onion. Dump into same pot with oil. Saute for a few mintues until veggies become softer. Add corn, warm through. Add herbs.
- Dump in tomatoes with juice and beans. Stir. Add broth and water. Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Add pasta and serve.
This soup was actually very good, but next time, I think I’ll add a jar of pizza sauce instead of water. Or maybe I’ll replace a can of broth with it and keep the water. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll skip the thyme then too (since pizza sauce is kind of herb-y to begin with). It’s worth playing with. : )
Oh, and I’ll just use the whole bunch of carrots (about 6?) because carrots are the best part of veggie soup in my world.